Single Pixel Outline (Image->Effects->Stylize->Single Pixel Outline) is a design tool which converts your design into its outline. The outline is created by using only one pixel. The outline depends on the primary color.
NOTE: Since Single Pixel Outline works on the layer that is active, your design may get changed without your approval, hence, it is advisable that you duplicate your design layer before applying Single Pixel Outline.
Single Pixel Outline can be applied for various purposes. Some of its applications are shown below.
Use the outline of your design to create a new design altogether.
It can also be used to view carvings in design during visualization which will provide with some idea how the final rug would look after all the materials, pile heights and carvings are chosen.
- To use Single Pixel Outline to apply carvings on your design, open your design file in Galaincha.
- Duplicate the design layer.
- Now to create the outline, go to Image->Effects->Stylize->Single Pixel Outline.
- Change the background to transparent. (Drag transparent color from Quick Colors to the background color. (You can do the same for the outline color to change it)
- Now enable the layers and visualize the design.
An additional color is now added to your design. Select the pile height as low pile with height as 1mm for the color.
Carving effect is now seen in the design.
Save the changes before you close the design.