Single Pixel Outline (Image->Effects->Stylize->Single Pixel Outline) is a design tool which converts your design into its outline. The outline is created by using only one pixel. The outline depends on the primary color.
NOTE: Since Single Pixel Outline works on the layer that is currently active, your design may get changed without your approval, hence, it is advisable that you duplicate your design layer before applying Single Pixel Outline.
Single Pixel outline for adding custom carving effects in Visualization
Single pixel outline can be used to apply carvings to selected area in design.
To apply carvings on your design using Single Pixel Outline, open your design file in Galaincha.
- Duplicate the design layer.
- To create the outline, go to Image->Effects->Stylize->Single Pixel Outline for duplicate layer.
- Change the background to transparent. (Drag transparent color from Quick Colors to the background color. (You can do the same for the outline color to change it)
- Erase the patterns where the carving effect need not be applied.
- Now enable all the layers and visualize the design (CarpeTools >> Visualization).
- Set the pile height of outline color to 1 mm.
- Apply the changes and close the visualization dialog.
- Replace the outline color with the background color.
- Again go to visualization to see the carving effect in your design.
- Apply the changes before you close the design and save the image.